The bad news: Medical writing is notoriously difficult to break into.
The good news: Medical writing is not impossible to break into.
The reality is that finding good medical writers is not an easy task for the companies hiring medical writers. And yet the demand for skilled medical writers is high.
I created this coaching session to help you become the medical writer companies want to hire.
During our 90 minutes together, you will learn:
- How to prepare a writer portfolio starting today so you make an impression on the recruiter and hiring manager. And no, your portfolio does not need to be massive! We'll talk about how you can create a "mini-portfolio" in the next week or two.
- Exactly how to read job descriptions AND speak the language of the recruiters and hiring managers on your resume.
- Formatting and writing your medical writer resume so it is THE one the company is attracted to.
- Tools that are useful for medical writers.
You are also free during this session to ask me all your questions about medical writing.
Who am I and why should you book a 1:1 coaching session with me?
My name is Dr. Gertrude Nonterah. I have two bachelor's degree in biology and nursing, as well as a Ph.D. in Microbiology and Immunology. I started out as a freelance health and bioscience writer in 2017 on the side of my post-doc job and became a full-time science and medical writer in 2021.
Some fast facts:
- I currently work at a Fortune 500 company as a medical communications professional.
- I built a blog from scratch and grew it to over half a million visits over a span of 3 years.
- I helped a health writing client take their business blog from 0 to 3,000 monthly visits from Google search alone, with several pieces of content ranking on page 1 of Google.
- I've worked with an award-winning life and health science marketing agency as a content writer, creating marketing content for billion-dollar life science brands.
- I consistently receive inbound inquiries from recruiters looking for medical writers to fill roles.
Ready to chat with me about breaking into medical writing? Book your session below!